Monday, April 22, 2013

Sowing Bountifully

The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 
2 Corinthians 9:6

Yet another busy weekend.  I’m worn out, and a little overwhelmed when I realize that the more I do on the farm, the less I seem to be getting done in other areas.  I have more than a few balls in the air, and I certainly don’t want to drop them. 

Sunday evening when we quit around suppertime, the muscles in my legs were quivering, my back was aching, my sunburn was throbbing and I was tired.  All I wanted to do was take a long bath, slather my sunburn in aloe vera and relax.  But instead, I took a shower, picked up my hamper, limped down the stairs with it and started the laundry.  Between loads, we worked on my display cases for one of my 2 side businesses, and then I put my clothes away and turned in.

I’d be proud of myself for not leaving the laundry to pile up, but my living area is still a disaster, and we won’t even talk about how long it has been since I’ve actually scrubbed the shower or run the vacuum.  I need to figure out a schedule to balance chores around the house and work on the farm. 

…And somewhere in there, I need time to work on my Scentsy business.
…And time to work on my Paparazzi business. 
…And time to go to the gym.
…And church. 
…And a little time for fun. 

 ...And of course, all this must fit into the small window of time between getting home from my full-time job and losing consciousness. 

I hope getting more organized about time management in my personal life is all I need. 

I truly believe hard work pays off, and if I put in my time now, I’ll be able to enjoy it all the more later on.  So here’s to powering through and sowing bountifully!



Oh, and an update on the garden:

The ever-evolving plan. 


We don't have the second berry bed constructed yet, and I haven't planted the berries or root veggies yet either... So it looks more like this, in reality:


The pvc pipe is a temporary fix, allowing us to drape bird-netting over the plants to keep the critters out for now.  (There is a long-term fix in the works that I'm pretty excited about)


Beans & Squash  (and soaker hose)
My little seedlings are growing up so fast!  *sniff *sniff

No comments:

Post a Comment